A weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish where they give a topic and I discuss it! 🙂 So I know it’s BEEN FOREVER since I’ve done one but I’m excited to get this started up again.
Ten Bookish Facts about Myself
- I often read an entire book in one day: It’s not very hard for me if I love the book. If the book is around 300 pages I can usually finish it in about 3-4 hours give or take some. If it’s a reallllly long book then it could take me up to 8 hours. Sometimes I can even finish the trilogy in a day if it’s all been published.
- I wish I know how many books I have read in my young life so far: I know that I’ve read A LOT but I never kept track of all the books I’ve read in elementary, middle or even high school. So I can remember some but not everything. According to Goodreads I’ve read 424 books but I’m sure that number is a lot bigger!
- I hate when people ask me what my favorite book is: It’s one of those I can’t just choose one! I have too many so I would rather be asked who my favorite authors are or genres.
- I am a HUGE fantasy book lover and I’m always embarrassed to admit it to people when I talk about books: My parents never approved of me reading fantasy books and so I’m still embarrassed when people ask me what my favorite type of book to read. I guess my parents thought it was too unrealistic and that its all fake and I should have been reading autobiographers and real life stuff. But I LOVE getting lost into a new world and reading about someplace else.
- I’m not very good at picking up on the small details or the twists are kinda obvious but I’m oblivious to it until the very end: I guess I’m more of a big picture kind of person and so the small details I don’t pick up on until I read about them in a review or later down the book.
- I hate that I had to leave behind most of the books that I have collected over my young life at home when I moved to the west: So I was such a HUGE Scholastic child in school that I would always beg my mom to buy me a book or two when I got the catalog and so my bookshelf is quite large. When moving from the East Coast to the West Coast I had to be very picky about what books to bring out with me. I couldn’t even bring that many-I think I brought with me 10 books out of around 100.
- I prefer hardback books to anything but I would prefer digital books to paperbacks: I just don’t like paperbacks-I’m always worried that the cover will rip and how I hold the paperback I tend to bend the covers anyways.
- Even thought I love books, I hardly ever talk about them with other people: A lot of my friends are not book readers or don’t like the same genre as me so I don’t get the chance to gush about a plot or a character that I loved to anyone.
- On that note, I gasp whenever someone tells me that they don’t like reading or hate it: I just can’t or won’t understand how anyone can not like reading. It just amazes me. I mean my own sister hates reading so I swear she is adopted just because of that reason! (JK..I love you!)
- Wherever I end up living and I have my own place I want to build one of those book nooks that you’ve seen on Pinterest: I mean come on! Those are just so beautiful and I want a special place for all of my books and a space for me to just enjoy it all. Right now I’m enjoying books either in bed or on my couch.
Yay! For learning some new things about me! 🙂 Hope you enjoyed it and I can’t wait to read all about you!