A weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish where they give us a topic and we make a list of our top 10. Sadly…I am in a state that is landlocked and so no beaches for me this summer. We do have lakes around here so I guess that will work. I will definitely miss the ocean this summer. 😦
Ten Books to Read at the Lake
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas. One that I have seen around so much on the blogosphere and has gotten such great reviews!
- The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh. Another one that I am super excited about and if it’s set in the desert I want to make sure that I am near to water!
- Sirena by Donna Jo Napoli. Loved this book when I was younger! Sirena was such a strong character and the story was so well done. Can’t go wrong with a mermaid book!
- Fortune’s Fool (Five Hundred Kingdoms #3) by Mercedes Lackey. Another mermaid book from one of my favorite fantasy series!
- The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman. One that I really want to read!!!
- Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella. Her books are so cute and so quick to read. I giggle throughout her books all the time! But basically anything by her is great!
- The Winter Sea by Susanna Kearsley. Got this through being an Amazon Prime member and I started reading it and it was great but then I put it down and would like to pick it up again.
- The Mermaid’s Sister by Carrie Anne Noble. Another one I got for being an Amazon Prime member!
What will you be bringing to the beach/lake/somewhere nice this summer?!