A weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish. They give us a topic and we make a list! This week is a freebie!! 🙂 So I saw that they did this post a long time ago so I figured I would do it. I just love movie adaptions (most of the time). No pictures today(kinda being lazy)
Top Ten Favorite Book to Movie Adaptations
- The Lord of the Rings: the books were so long and the movies were too but it was soooo much better to sit down and watch a 3 hour movie then read a book that might take months!
- Harry Potter: amazing movies and I will always watch them during a HP movie marathon around Xmas time. Though I don’t agree with some of the choices they made it’s still an awesome movie and book! *cough*Peeves*cough*
- The BBC adaptations of Jane Austen novels: I love their adaptations and could watch them over and over again…though I haven’t quite read all the books yet I feel like I have just because the movies are sooo well done.
- To Kill a Mockingbird: read this a long time ago in middle or high school. Saw the movie on my own and it was good.
- Jurassic Park: Saw the movie first and loved it! Mom bought me some of his works and I loved reading the book! It was somewhat heavy on the science but it was amazing to read it!
- The Princess Bride: read this in high school but saw and fell in love with the movie first! The book was just as good and I laughed just as hard!
- The Phantom of the Opera: Saw the movie first with Gerard Butler and Emmy Rossum. Then recently watched the one that was live at the Royal Albert Hall. The book was a little hard to get through but it was ok.
- Howl’s Moving Castle: Read the book wayyyy back in middle school and so when I heard that there was a movie being made I was super excited. Though the movie and book kinda deviate from one another it’s still a really good movie!
- Schindler’s List: read and watched this in middle school. Such a sad book but amazing at the same time!
- Mists of Avalon: loved this book and this movie was awesome! Saw it on TV first and then read the book.
What are you favorite book to movie adaptations?!