A weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish where they find a category and us bloggers list the top ten of whatever category it is that week. This one was difficult and so I only did 5…and please don’t be offended. This is my opinion and I respect everyone who does enjoy the books that I will never read, it’s just not my cup of tea. HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO!!!!
Top 5 Books I Will Probably Never Read
- Divergent by Veronica Roth: My sister who NEVER reads actually read these books so I was pretty shocked that I didn’t quite want to read them. They were so hyped up and after reading Hunger Games (which was ok) I didn’t want to delve into another dystopian book that might disappoint. I did go see the movie and it was good but not the best. My favorite dystopian series would be Uglies by Scott Westerfeld. That series was my first jump into dystopian and would always have a place in my heart.
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green: Another one that is extremely popular that I have no interest in reading. I’m thinking it might be too mushy for me and possibly too young. I have not seen the movie which I’m sure if I do I will cry buckets.
- Fifty Shades of Gray by E.L. James: Never. Just never. I tried reading the first couple chapters and I just couldn’t get past the bad editing and just everything.
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn: I tried reading this book but I got bored and I didn’t like the style of writing so nope.
- Some of the classics. I probably just won’t get around to them ever. I want to read them but either time or committing to trying to understand what they are saying will most likely get in the way. I’ve been trying to read Jane Austen’s collection for a long time now and it’s not getting anywhere. Then again I haven’t picked it up in years so maybe I should try again?