A weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish where we list our top ten whatever for this week’s topic. This one was fun and interesting. I hope you enjoy it! These are in no particular order! Covers lead to Goodreads.
Top Ten Books Which Feature Girls Who Have Magic/Powers
(And kick ass)
- Katsa from Graceling by Kristen Cashore. Katsa was born with two different colored eyes which marked her with a Grace. Her Grace was killing and she was very good about it but then she met Po and her world was turned upside down.
- Yelena from Poison Study by Maria V. Synder. Yelena lived in a world without magic and if someone possessed it they would be killed. Sadly, she was already on the chopping block but not for her hidden magic powers but for killing her benefactors noble son.
- Adenine from Concealed Power by K.J. Colt. Adenine was told that she carried the Black Plague and so was hidden away from people. She had an accident and they had to sew her eyes shut. Years later, her mother got really sick and so she had to come out of hiding to find help and her journey begins.
- Elena from The Fairy Godmother by Mercedes Lackey. Elena was suppose to be her kingdom’s Cinderella but alas the prince was only a young boy, instead she started training to become a Fairy Godmother. But breaking with “The Tradition” is harder than it sounds.
- Adelina from The Young Elites by Marie Lu. Adelina is a survivor of a fever that killed many people and left many people with strange powers. Adelina has white hair and a scar over her left eye and a power she doesn’t understand. Only after meeting The Dagger Society does she understand but is conflicted.
- Vin from Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson. Raised by her older brother who teaches her not to trust anyone, Vin is a lucky charm to the thief lords though not until she meets does she understand that she is a Mistborn. A person will skills that could change the world.
- Hermoine from Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling. A wizard with a wand! Nothing else needs to be said.
- Harry from The Blue Sword by Robin McKinley. Harry is a noble orphan living in a faraway town where she meets Corlath and learns more about her past. She is gifted with kelar which grows as she learns more about Damath.
- Risika from In the Forests of the Night by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes. A vampire who is best friends with a tiger. This was one of my favorite books in middle school.
- Diane from Wild Magic by Tamora Pierce. Diane has a magical touch when it comes to animals but she hides it as best as she can because she was always shunned for it. But now living and working in Tortall it’s hard to hide such a power and so she has to start trusting the friends around her to fully understand her powers. MY ALL TIME FAVORITE SERIES!
I hope you enjoyed my top ten favorite girls who have magic/powers. I grew up reading most of these books and some are fairly new. I look forward to everyone’s TTT this week! It should be a fun one.