A weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish where we list whatever our favorite whatever in whatever category that they have come up with for the week.
Top Ten of My Favorite Authors
- Robin McKinley– Another author that made me fall in love with fantasy. My local librarian suggested I read “The Blue Sword” and I just fell in love with it! Though her fairy tale retelling that she did in “Deerskin” is my all time favorite. Its dark but OMG is it amazing!
- Philippa Gregory– My all-time favorite historical fiction author. I fell in love with her when I read The Other Boleyn Girl before it became a movie and I have collected all of her Tudor books. She can tell such a riveting story that takes you back in time but shows you how women thrived in a man-dominated world.
- Tamora Pierce– She got me into fantasy and I haven’t stopped reading it yet. It is my favorite genre and I am soo happy that she still publishes books! I even got to meet her once and had her sign her latest book.
- Ursula K. Le Guin– Another fantasy author that I fell in love with. I’m sure you can see a trend here. LOL Her Earthsea trilogy was my favorite and I could reread them over and over again.
- Naoko Takeuchi– She doesn’t really publish books but she publishes manga. And she is the creator of my all time favorite anime series-SAILOR MOON! I could not not put her on here. My ex-boyfriend got me the 1st set of the old comics that were published here in the US during the early 90s.
- Sophie Kinsella– I actually fell in love with her stand alone books rather than her Shopaholic series. Her stand alone books are awesome and they are such quick reads for me! My best friend got me hooked on her in high school.
- Marion Zimmer Bradley-I watched the movie first on TV way back when and I have always been interested in King Arthur and his legacy. So I picked up the book and fell in love. I still haven’t read all of her books (though she passed away before all were completed so some are co-written).
- Mercedes Lackey– My first book from her was Arrows of the Queen and fell in love with the world of Valdemar. Sadly, my library was lacking in the earlier books of that world and so I had to switch it up. I saw The Fairy Godmother and fell in LOVE with this retake on the fairy tales. It’s so unique and I was laughing throughout the book.
- Diana Gabaldon- read the first three books a LONG time ago but recently bought the first two and fell in love with the series all over again. Would love to play catch up with the rest of her books but that may have to wait. I am just IN LOVE with the TV series though! Such an amazing job…makes me want to time travel and pick up my own Scottish lord.
- J.K. Rowling- I first read Harry Potter when I was in the 5th grade. My mom got it from the library because of a recommendation from the librarian. I obviously fell in love and I would love to read her other books that she has published but that is for another day.
What are your top ten favorite authors?! Mine focuses mainly on fantasy as you can tell but I just love reading about a different world and place. I love the uniqueness that every author puts into transporting their readers into a different place. That is why I love fantasy books as well as their authors. Does your top ten have a category like mine or is it all over the place?