A weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish where we list our top ten favorite what category. This weeks category was a lot of fun but also difficult because again I don’t have any of my books with me so I had to do it all over the internet.
Top Ten Inspiring Quotes from Books
- “It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities”-Albus Dumbledore from The Chamber of Secrets
- “Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than you”- Dr. Seuss from Happy Birthday to You!
- “If you live to be one hundred, I want to live to be one hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you” – A.A. Milne from Winne the Pooh
- “There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature.”- Northanger Abbey
- “Why do boys say someone acts like a girl as if it were an insult?”- Alanna from In The Hand of the Goddess
- “A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge.”- Tyrion from A Game of Thrones
- “All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.”- Gandalf from The Fellowship of the Ring
- “Enough about my beauty.” Buttercup said. “Everybody always talks about how beautiful I am. I’ve got a mind, Westley. Talk about that.” -Buttercup from The Princess Bride
- “It’s impossible to go through life unscathed. Nor should you want to. By the hurts we accumulate, we measure both our follies and our accomplishments.”- Arya from The Inheritance Cycle
- “And so, with laughter and love, we lived happily ever after.”- Ella from Ella Enchanted
Again, this was more difficult than I thought. Without my books with me I had to rely on Goodreads which was difficult because they don’t really say who said what. But I hope you like my list and I look forward to reading everybody else’s list! 🙂