A weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish. This is a list of favorite books usually with a theme. Allows us bloggers to discuss more about our favorite books in lists. (In no particular order and the links will lead you to Goodreads)
Top Books for Readers who Like Epic Fantasy
- Green Rider Series by Kristen Britain: Such an epic fantasy! Though it is similar to Game of Thrones in the sense that the books come out with years in between them. Right now there are 5 books out and who knows when the next one will be out. But besides that it’s an awesome fantasy book.
- A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin: Need I say anything about this one?
- Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini: Such an awesome epic series and I cried and screamed so much throughout the series. P.S. Don’t go see the movie!
- Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien: These books were hard to get through. There is so much detail and the fight scenes are incredibly long. I did read these back in Middle School when the movies came out so I’m basing it off of that experience. It is one of the series that I want to reread and I hopefully will understand and like it a lot better.
- Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling: Again, another one that needs no introduction.
- Earthsea Cycle by Ursula K. Le Guin: Another epic fantasy that I read back in Middle School but one that has stuck with me throughout the years. The Syfy channel did a mini-movie based off the books and so did Studio Ghibli. The books though are better and have much more depth to them.
- The Farseer Trilogy by Robin Hobb: A series that I read within the last year and blew me away. I couldn’t put it down. And just look at those covers!!
- Dragonriders of Pern by Anne McCaffrey: Another series that I read back in Middle School but never realized how large the series actually was. A lot of the books could be stand alone but the world building itself is what these books have going for them. McCaffrey was an amazing writer.
- The Sevenwater Trilogy by Juliet Marillier: I have actually only read the first book in the series which blew me away. It is a fairy tale retelling and is done beautifully! The other books are on my TBR list.
- The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley: Probably my all-time favorite series. I have been slowly collecting all the books and I have been able to read most of them from my local library. But I loved reading anything to do with Arthur and the Lady of the Lake. I love that it’s from a female perspective and is rich in history and magic.
What is your Top Ten Tuesday list all about? Comment and link below! Have you read any of these series?