A weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish. Its a way to meet new bloggers as well as making lists because who doesn’t love making lists of their top ten!!
Top Ten Books I Would Classify as my ALL TIME FAV (in the past 3 years)
(in no particular order)
- Let’s Pretend this Never Happened by Jenny Lawson (2012). This book was hilarious! I was crying during like half of it because I was laughing so hard. I don’t think a book has ever done that to me before!
- A Cast of Stones by Patrick W. Carr (2013): This book is high fantasy and I got so wrapped into it, I didn’t want to put it down. There is a lot of action and growth for the main character and I am still waiting on the third book to come out.
- Austenland by Shannon Hale (2007). Even though this is an older book, I actually read it when the movie was going to come out. I LOVED Shannon Hale’s The Goose Girl. This book did not disappoint. I was laughing and cringing along with Jane.
- The Stepsisters Scheme by Jim C. Hines (2009). Another older book but one that I read within the past 3 years and the series is just amazing! I got the first two books at the local Goodwill and I just had to have the other two! It’s such a great read and so much action and banter!
- Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers (2012). Another awesome book and series that I fell in love with!
- A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness (2011). I recently read this back in 2013 and fell in love with the story and characters. I picked up the last book but I haven’t had the chance to read it. It’s been so long that I feel like I have to reread the series again but I don’t mind. It was such a thrill reading it the first time that I look forward to rereading it and posting a review on it.
- Princess: A True Story of Life Behind the Veil in Saudi Arabia by Jean Sasson (2005). I had this book sitting in my nook for the longest time and I finally picked it up. Again, I bought it a long time ago and finally read it last year. This one was heartbreaking and made me cry. I more recently read her newest book, Princess: More Tears to Cry and I again was blown away. This was again heartbreaking and I felt powerless but I feel it is an important book to read.
- Kushiel’s Dart by Jacqueline Carey (2003). Picked this up last year and I could NOT put it down. Another high fantasy and intrigue story.
- Circle of Reign by Jacob Cooper (2014). I was blown away by this book by this book. High fantasy and extremely fast paced. A lot of characters but they all play a part in what is happening. I really enjoyed this and I look forward to reading the next book.
- The Emperor’s Blade by Brian Stavely (2014). Another amazing high fantasy fast paced book. I loved the three POVs and the world building is amazing!