Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish. It’s all about lists and let’s us bloggers discuss what we love/hate.
Top Ten Favorite Heroines From Books
1. Alanna (Song of the Lioness Quartet)- This was my first series by Tamora Pierce and so it will always be my favorite. Alanna poses as her twin brother Alan in a fantasy medieval world so that she can learn to be a knight for the kingdom.
2. Kasta (Graceling)- Kasta is such a bad-ass character. She has these two-toned eyes which made me want to have that and these powers which she hates. She grows into such a strong heroine trying to do whats right.
3. Harry Crewe (The Blue Sword)-An older book for sure but is another I read when I was young and made me fall in love with fantasy and strong female heroines. She was such a normal girl with frizzy curly hair that I could really relate to her.
4. Danielle Whiteshore (The Stepsister Scheme)- This series has 3 heroines!! But Danielle is the main one and the story follows what happens after the happily ever after of Cinderella, Snow White and Sleeping Beauty. It is a DARK story but one that keeps you on your toes. Danielle starts out as weak but becomes such a strong heroine at the end of the book.
5. Lyra Belacque (His Dark Materials)- This is again another book that I fell in love with when I was young. Lyra and her daemon, Pantalaimon set off on an adventure into the Artic and meet an array of people. I want my own daemon!!
6. Phedre no Delaunay (Kushiel’s Dart)-Phedre is sold to a pleasure house to pay off family debts and in order to pay back for the education she has to train and work. But she is blessed/cursed by one of the Gods, Kushiel, who is the God of pain. Phedre can experience so much pain that it is pleasurable. This is her story and its an amazing one. She is used for her curse but once she is “sold” she becomes so much more than just a whore. She becomes strong and manipulative and you really see her grow.
7. Alexia Tarabotti (Parasol Protectorate)-She is so bad-ass and doing it all in a dress!!!
8. Lirael (Old Kingdom Trilogy)- The second book in this trilogy, Lirael is a young woman who lives with the all seeing community but has no powers of her own. She is sad and not confident and you just read her grow to become so much more than anyone ever thought!
9. Hermione Granger (Harry Potter)- Do I REALLY need to say anything about her?! Shes awesome and smart and deals with two teenage boys. Nothing else needs to be said.
10. Sophie Hatter (Howl’s Moving Castle)- Sophie is again another heroine that grows throughout the story. She starts off thinking because she is the oldest child she will have no success and has no cares about what happens to her until a spell is put on her and she has this amazing adventure!