Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish blog. This was created because you doesn’t like lists and this allows me to share my list with all of you! 🙂
Ten Book Related Problems I Have
1. I’m sure this will be on everyone’s lists but the number of books that I have yet to still read. I have about 130 books on my Nook right now and I just keep adding to it and of course the books on my bookshelf that I haven’t gotten around to read yet (which is in another state so even attempting to read them is not possible…they get to sit there for a little while longer).
2. I want to meet all of my favorite authors!! The only one that I have really met was Tamora Pierce which I was so ecstatic about and stood in line for like 2 hours to have her sign her latest book, Battle Magic. I was lucky enough to be living close to DC when the DC Book Festival was happening and she was a guest there! The other authors that I really want to meet are Phillipa Gregory (which with her living in another country don’t see that happening anytime soon), Marissa Meyer (The Lunar Chronicles) and Gail Carson Levine (which will probably never happen because she doesn’t do book conferences and only writing conferences which I can’t write a story to save my life so….)
3. I wish I could travel to some of these worlds that are described in some books. I would love to travel to far-off places and live in castles or have the ability to do magic. My all-time favorite world is Tortall from Tamora Pierces collection. Her world building and her storytelling is the best and her books made me fall in love with the fantasy genre. Tortall is full of magic and princes and thieves and beautiful landscapes.
4. When I start reading a series and I have to wait years for the next book to come out!!! And then when it does come out, I forgotten what the first book was all about.
5. I get sucked into a book and forget to do anything else for the rest of my weekend (like what happened yesterday(Monday)…my room is a mess and I meant to clean it but alas I wanted to reread Howl’s Moving Castle and House of Many Ways and so that’s what I did and so my room is still a mess :/)
6. I want to marry so many of the guys in the books I read. Or at least meet them and have them fall in love with ME! Why can’t I meet a guy like what I read in my stories 😦
7. When I read a book before seeing the movie and loving the book while everyone else loved the movie (though most of my friends don’t read so….) (and when they cut out my favorite scene or they leave out an important part) The White Queen mini-series has been my favorite book to TV adaptation so far.
8. When someone asks me what my favorite book is….AHHHHHH WHO DOES THAT?! I just can’t…I have too many and I haven’t read enough to actually name any. I would more like it if you ask my favorite author cuz it’s so much easier and I can name one author for a series of books and whatnot.
9. Having no one to talk to about finishing a series or reading a book. I have two best friends, one is a freelance publisher and reads but not the type of books I read (YA, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Fairy tales) and my other best friend doesn’t read. So I have no one to actually “fangirl” about when I read an awesome book I guess besides when I blog about it here but totally not the same as in person.
10. When trying to choose the next epic book to read. Like when I have time in between review books, I like to read for pleasure and trying to find the right book to read can be soooo hard! Sometimes I start one and like 3 chapters in, I’m like nah. So I try another and that one doesn’t work and I’m like UGH! Why can’t my Nook just know what I want to read already and magically bring it up?!